July 28, 2021
Welcome back again to the second iteration of the podcast series from the Asia chapter of the Asian American Journalists Association
! AAJA is a community of journalists, academics, entrepreneurs, and students across the world who are committed to advancing diversity in the news industry and promoting the highest standards of journalism.
Each year AAJA-Asia holds its annual New.Now.Next Media conference - N3Con
- to bring together members from across Asia. This year we are #ReimaginingNews
- how we cover post-Covid challenges and upheaval in a world filled with disinformation as organizations learn to pivot. We hope to see you from the 2nd to the 7th of August.
To lead up to this year's conference, we're publishing this series of interviews, featuring working journalists and news leaders, with an emphasis on diversity.
In this episode, we talk to Linda Akutagawa, President and CEO of Leadership Education for Asian Pacifics (LEAP).
. We discuss:
- The rise of anti-Asian hate amidst the pandemic
- The need for asian leaders
- Signs of hope for the future
We hope you enjoy the podcast and the series. Please let us know what you think. Reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
. Please share if you like this episode.
Also, please consider becoming a member
of AAJA. We're a dynamic network of journalists dedicated to making newsrooms more diverse, and we would love to have you.