August 13, 2020
Welcome to the second episode of the new podcast series from the Asia chapter of the Asian American Journalists Association
! AAJA is a community of journalists, academics, entrepreneurs, and students across the world who are committed to advancing diversity in the news industry and promoting the highest standards of journalism.
Each year AAJA-Asia holds its annual New.Now.Next conference - N3Con
- to bring together members from across Asia. This year is special in two ways. One, it's our tenth anniversary! Two, we're going virtual due to covid-19. Even so, the line-up is as strong as ever. This year's theme is #TheNewFrontlines
, due to the many dramatic events unfolding in the world - global pandemic, global protest, global recession, and the ongoing geopolitical competition between China and the US. Check out the full conference schedule here
. The action starts on 27 August
with newsroom tours, and panel discussions start the next day.
To lead up to this year's conference, we're publishing this series of interviews, featuring working journalists and news leaders, with an emphasis on diversity.
- How her career got an unexpected start
- The importance of people along the way
- The need to make your own opportunities
- The challenges women face as journalists, particularly in Asia
- The role AAJA has played throughout her career
We hope you enjoy the podcast and the series. Please let us know what you think. Reach out to us at email@example.com
. If you like what you hear, please remember - sharing is caring.
Also, please consider becoming a member
of AAJA. After listening to this episode, you know you'll want to.