August 15, 2020
Welcome back to the new podcast series from the Asia chapter of the Asian American Journalists Association
! AAJA is a community of journalists, academics, entrepreneurs, and students across the world who are committed to advancing diversity in the news industry and promoting the highest standards of journalism.
Each year AAJA-Asia holds its annual New.Now.Next Media conference - N3Con
- to bring together members from across Asia. Our virtual conference theme this year is #TheNewFrontlines
, shining a light on the pivotal events unfolding in the world - global pandemic, global protest, global recession, and the ongoing geopolitical competition. Check out the full conference schedule here
. The action starts on 27 August
with newsroom tours, and panel discussions start the next day.
To lead up to this year's conference, we're publishing this series of interviews, featuring working journalists and news leaders, with an emphasis on diversity.
In this episode, we talk to Angie Lau
, founder, CEO, and editor-in-chief of Forkast.News
. She touches on:
- How she got into journalism
- How she formed and leads a decentralized newsroom
- The need to elevate yourself and to lean into change
- The role AAJA has played throughout her career (she is an immediate past president of the chapter)
We hope you enjoy the podcast and the series. Please let us know what you think. Reach out to us at email@example.com
. If you like what you hear, please remember - sharing is caring.
Also, please consider becoming a member
of AAJA. After listening to this episode, you know you'll want to.